|Location||Swindon, England/South West ALL|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||£300 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||May 1st 2012|
|Closing Date||May 4th 2012 (for applications)|
Asset Engineer (Building Services), Swindon
£300 per day
ASAP - Oct 2012
Talascend are currently seeking an Asset Engineer (Building Services) for a contract opportunity in Swindon.
- Manage the asset stewardship and inspection of operational property building services, depots and depot plant assets in accordance with asset policy and technical strategy, recommending remedial and renewal works and maintaining comprehensive asset records.
- Develop and assist with the management of prioritised maintenance and renewal requirements, workbanks and plans in accordance with the technical asset management strategy and budget.
- Produce maintenance, renewal and enhancement (PRS) remits and their inclusion in the work bank. Define the development and implementation of schemes, verifying requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and delivered. Monitor the implementation of control measures where proposed works are deferred and managed in accordance with asset policy.
- Act as sponsor for complex and specialist maintenance and all renewal schemes. Discharge all sponsorís accountabilities in accordance with corporate policy.
- Carry out engineering analysis and risk assessment of maintenance and renewals schemes during the early development phase, and produce business cases.
- Review proposals from other asset groups or external organisations that impact on maintenance or renewal activity, identify potential synergies and develop optimised plans as applicable.
- Monitor trends in maintenance and renewal work, asset condition, failure and failure precursors. Check that appropriate action is specified to predict and prevent similar failures.
- Assist in providing engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to building services and plant maintenance and renewals.
- Liaise with portfolio occupiers and stakeholders for asset stewardship purposes and report on tenant lease non-compliance and manage the monitoring of tenant dilapidations with particular reference to building services and plant.
- Manage the PPM programme of works in accordance with Operational Property National remit. Review and audit delivery against remit.
- Complete the technical approval of building services element of the landlordís consent applications for all non Network Rail works at franchised stations and Depots.
- Record and manage the control of hazardous materials and risks identified within buildings and put in place audits and inspections to meet current standards.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
∑ HND/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
∑ Significant relevant experience of operational property engineering
∑ Knowledge of policies and standards relating to operational property
∑ Member of a relevant professional body
∑ Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
The Asset Management Buildings and Civils group manages all activities associated with the maintenance and renewal of owned assets. The successful applicant will be required to carry out inspections and manage maintenance and renewals of Building Services activities at stations, Depots, Lineside Buildings and Maintenance delivery Units, providing M&E expertise to other departments. As one of the key members of the Route AM Buildings team, you will have a direct influence on the way the assets are managed
Talascend thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please also note that in line with legal requirements should you be considered for an opportunity in the UK, we will require you to provide identification and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. You may also be asked for copies of your certificates of qualification.
Finally, we will retain your details (in line with the Data Protection Act) unless you inform us that you do not wish us to do so. Of course, we will not provide your details to any of our clients in relation to future opportunities unless you have given us permission to do so.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.Talascend.com. Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.