|Location||Birmingham, Birmingham & West-Midlands|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||July 25th 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Purpose of Role
Responsibility for managing and coordinating civil engineering works within a region to deliver the works safely, on time and to budget.
Context of Role
Responsible for the management of the delivery of civils work packages across a number of projects within a region. A package manager who can oversee managing sub-contractors/self-delivery and has experience of design and self-delivery management. Ultimate responsibility for Civil Engineering works for projects and will take on CRE role. A key member of the project team, who will give professional advice to the Project Manager from the planning stage, through the project life-cycle to help minimise costs and create constructible solutions for delivery.
• Responsible for all Site Safety for designated civil engineering packages.
• Accountable for the delivery of civils work packages on regional projects, on time to budget.
• Responsible for ensuring key interfaces are planned, integrated and maintained across all disciplines.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers, including the Project Manager, Field Operations staff, Project Engineering Manager, Tester in Charge, external client and 3rd party contractors.
• Will work with delivery manager to ensure forecast, programme, budget, quality, safety and engineering processes are in place.
• Ensure rework cycles on projects are minimised and lessons learnt are implemented on designated projects.
• Support the Civils Manager in identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities, management of changes and implementation on projects.
• Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
Measures for Success
• Accident and incident measured against targets and good safety culture maintained on designated project.
• Timely implementation of design packages from scope definition through to AFC.
• Productivity targets maintained and improvements identified.
• Rework costs minimized.
• Audits against quality and safety, review of test logs.
• Construction background with strong character.
• Relevant CSCS management competence.
• 5-10 years railway civil engineering experience.
• IOSH or CITB site management training or equivalent.
• Commercially astute and ability to manage project budgets and manage change.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers.
• Must be willing to travel and lodge away from home depot to meet the operational needs of the business.
• Membership of the relevant institutions (MICE).
• HNC or degree.