|Location||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||May 12th 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Site Integration & Test Engineer
Purpose of this role: (Description of the role?s purpose / aim within CWB, Practice, team etc.)
Contribute to all aspects of Site System installation and System integration testing including writing of the test plans, test specifications, conducting the testing, producing the test reports and following up on any defects raised.
Background(Description of regular procedures, processes etc. that are involved in the role)
Thales will supply a new SCADA-based transportation control system and other associated systems in a programme extending over several years. The equipment to be integrated and tested includes SCADA, Radio communications, PLCs, RTUs, Passenger Information Displays, Public Address equipment, LAN/WAN equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will work within the Integration & Test team under the guidance of the Integration & Test Manager.
The main duties include
- Interfacing with project team
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to perform site testing activities
- Planning of activities to be performed and the resources required, to achive project milestones
- Reporting on progress
- Writing and execution of Test Specifications
- Recording test results and raising issues.
- Write test specification, working from system requirements
- Execute test specifications (according to test plan and project schedule)
- Record results of test execution
- Raise/investigate/verify defects
- Maintain quality target/standard
- Escalate issues to the Integration & Test Manager where necessary
- Provide status reports to the Integration & Test Manager
Features of the job: (Include locations ? onsite/offsite, travel requirements, changes to working hours etc.)
The work will be carried out initially at Thales premises in Cheadle Heath, Stockport. Travel to Customer sites in Greater Manchester is required for site testing, which will include testing during Tram Engineering hours (i.e. night working)
Qualifications and Training: (Graduate, post graduate, professional qualifications etc.)
- Degree qualification and/or relevant experience
- Personal Trackside Safety competence (PTS)
- Construction Site Construction Safety (CSCS) - Operative
Work Experience, Skills and Knowledge: (Likely background, professional experience and skills requirements ? breakdown between essential & desirable)
Essential experience ?
Production & execution of test specifications
Raising of defects
Full test cycle experience
Desirable Experience ?
Familiarity with the testing of SCADA applications
Customer facing acceptance role
Ethernet / IP knowledge
Server / workstation configuration
Test tool experience
Requirements management and tracing tools experience (i.e. DOORS)
Defect reporting (JIRA)
Qualities, Abilities and Aptitudes: (Concerns values, personality, team fit etc.)
· Self motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative.
· Customer focused, acting as an ambassador with the client.
· Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
· To have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
· To be willing to share knowledge
· To be open and honest