|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Location||Derby, England/Midlands ALL|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||up-to £280 per day|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||July 25th 2012|
|Closing Date||July 29th 2012 (for applications)|
Project Planner (5 month contract)
Up to £280 per day
Our client is a well established Nationwide transportation company whose professionalism and well respected name, have been instrumental in their success.
You will need:
• Relevant experience in the successful planning of engineering projects.
• Knowledge of railway investment planning systems.
• Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
• Understanding of the engineering requirements of work on the railway
• Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
To develop project or annual investment programme plans on behalf of programme and project managers in order to meet overall requirements of the client / business in most cost effective and reliable manner.
1. Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan in accordance with the requirements of the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) and which is capable of delivering the project objectives, including during project development if required.
2. Manage so that the plan is fully resourced and cost loaded and monitor progress to the plan and make changes as required. Develop recovery programme and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives.
3. Input the planning issues into the project’s critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
4. Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
5. Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor’s planning processes so that they comply with Network Rail procedure requirements.
6. Interrogate contractor’s statement of progress for payment purposes.
7. Identify key possession requirements and monitor that these are properly booked.
8. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
To apply please submit yoru CV to Jessica.Bates@vital-solutions.biz or call on 0161 836 7023.
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide. Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors. In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.