|Location||Hackney, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||300 - 320 per day|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||March 26th 2012|
|Start Date||Easter 2012|
Senior Buyer - Civil Engineering - Rail Experience
£300 - £320 per day
Please note, this role will be starting on or around Easter, please only apply if you are able to start around this time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Buyer to join a Large Civil Engineering Contractor based in East London. The projects will include Civils and Construction so candidates must have a strong background in either, working for Main/Principle Contractors.
- Responsibility for the day-today purchasing of various goods and services.
- Building strong relationships with major suppliers, benchmarking new suppliers and engaging with the key internal stakeholders.
- Work with the Purchasing Team in developing and delivering on company procurement strategy.
- Negotiate prices and lead times with suppliers and the placing and expediting of purchase orders.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
- Be experienced in procurement, within the civil engineering sector of construction, with a proven and demonstrable ability to negotiate within a supply chain environment across a diverse range of projects and services
- Display a depth of experience in the field of Contracting including a thorough understanding of the tendering and construction process.
- Be well organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Be a proven communicator at all levels with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders across the Business
- Be IT literate, particularly with MS Office software
- Rail Engineering experience would be an advantage
Our client is a leading main contractor involved in the construction, rail and highways sector.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com and you can call on 01332 861333.
You MUST be eligible to live and work within the UK to apply for this role.