|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Customer Facing|
|Salary||£13.00 - £17.00 per hour|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||May 10th 2012|
|Start Date||28th May 2012|
Station Crowd Control Manager (SCCM) & Station Staff for the 2012 Games
Approx 4 month contract, starts May! Fully paid intensive training period.
Resilient, tenacious, people are required for this highly responsible position managing the safety of passengers travelling on the Docklands Light Railway.
The job holder will be responsible for the crowd control management of stations on a day-to-day basis. They will be responsible for ensuring that the correct procedures are used and that safe working arrangements are adhered to.
If you enjoy responsibility, a challenge and enjoy managing a team of people, then this is the role for you.
Qualities, skills and experience required:
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills
• Ability to make decisions under pressure
• Proven people management skills
• A proven track record in building effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent team leadership
• Train dispatch or other Crowd Control experience (highly desirable)
• Railway experience (desirable)
• Excellent organisational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Confident and diplomatic personality
• Strong persuasion skills
• Proven customer service experience
• Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Abbreviated Job Description:
The manager would need to lead a team of Crowd Control Staff on the station, provide accurate reports on the state of affairs and communicate with other staff in different locations via radio communications, liaise with other managers from different companies and contractors on and around the station. In the event of an emergency situation, the manager will need to take the initiative and act quickly and correctly to mitigate Health & Safety risks. You will be responsible for all aspects of passengers safety while on your designated station.
The SCCM must remain flexible in their working hours, but must be able to commit to a roster that involves working late nights and early mornings.
Full training will be given both in the classroom with written tests, and competency assessments on stations, in order to achieve competency sign off.
This role could suit someone who has worked within rail in the capacity of a Duty Station Manager (DSM), Station Manager (SM), Group Station Managers (GSM), Station Supervisor or any other capacity as a manager within the railway or transport industry.
Start date: 28th May 2012
Duration: four months
Remuneration: start salary of £13/hr which can go up to £17/hr for suitable candidates + holiday entitlements + Bonuses
Shifts: shift work, five days a week including weekends.
- the training shifts are 7 hours long
- the working shifts are 7 to 8 hours long (5 days/week)
- the earliest start is 0500
- the latest finish is 0300
This job is also suitable for people with the following backgrounds:
Station Manager / Duty Station Manager / Station Supervisor / Train Dispatcher / Platform Supervisor / Station Delivery Manager / Customer Service Managers / Conductors / Drivers / Barrier / Gate Line.
Please register in our jobs board: jobs.activas.co.uk