|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||April 19th 2012|
|Closing Date||May 26th 2012 (for applications)|
Our client is a national public service provider. They maintain and support the infrastructure and public services within the UK, such as railways and highways.
• STE 4/ SCMI competent
• Experience examining bridge structures (detailed examinations and visual examinations)
• IT skills (Word, Excel etc)
• BSE (Bridge Strike Engineer)
• 24/7 emergency on-call experience
• UK Driving Licence
• experience working in railway structures environment
• STE 5 rail structures competency (Buildings and Stations)
• Confined Spaces certified
• SSoW Planner
My client is looking to recruit rail competent Structural Examiners/Assessors to work on projects related with Network Rail's Civil Examination Framework Examination Programme.
They will therefore be required to
• Structural examinations (bridges, tunnels, viaducts, retaining walls, culverts)
• Generic examinations of ancillary structures (OLE gantries, CCTV masts, signal gantries, equipment support structures)
• Structural assessments (bridges, train shed roofs, depot structures, station canopies)
• Operational property inspections (stations, train maintenance depots, line-side buildings, critical assets such as signal boxes, REB, relay rooms)
• Earthworks examinations (soil and rock slopes)
• Rapid response (bridge strikes, embankment slippage, structural)
• Compile and submit condition reports
• Perform special examinations as directed including assistance with monitoring schemes for sensitive structures
• Undertake reconnaissance visits
• Provide assistance with specialist examinations undertaken by the Examining Engineers team, including unique structures and tunnel examinations.
• Undertake on-call duties in support of rapid response, including bridge strike
• Assist in provision of safety critical site support duties as required.
• Co-operate with quality, safety and environmental objectives and contribute, where appropriate, to continual improvement initiatives
To apply for this position contact Jessica Bates on 0161 836 7023 or email your C.V to Jessica.Bates@vital-solutions.biz
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide. Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors. In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.