|Company||Rullion Engineering Ltd|
|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Salary||£35,000 - £55,000 per year|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||April 17th 2012|
|Closing Date||April 20th 2012 (for applications)|
This role will require the successful candidate to own, plan, manage and deliver systems integration work packages and migration/ testing & commissioning activities on the Northern Line Upgrade project in order to:
• deliver business benefits in line with the project scope and programme
• meet requirements for safety
• ensure integration and migration in to service of multiple signal and control systems to specification and standards
• limited supervision of staff
• Effective communication between external design teams, Lead Design Engineers, discipline leads to enable coordination between contractors, the client, sub-project groups so that effective delivery is achieved.
• Managing and implementing the use of Project Controls and metrics for the purposes of tracking and reporting progress against plan and managing activities to time, budget and quality
• Reporting progress and status to stakeholders.
• Ensure engineering is focused on areas of highest risk, understanding such issues when making decisions;
• Producing and maintaining System Acceptance & Migration Plans,
• Ensuring that processes, methods and resources are appropriate for the activities to be performed.
• Individually, and in conjunction with the Project Manager, identify innovative designs, methodologies, process and/or procedures to provide more effective delivery of the works and promulgate best practice.
• Liaise with Operations to ensure any synergies or conflicts are identified and managed.
• Comply with the Tube Lines Assurance process and the production of assurance evidence.
• Stakeholder management, including Operations, Asset Engineers, London Underground
• Ensure work packages and the integrated scheme are complaint with CDM legislation
The key performance indicators for this role are:
• Delivery of project business benefits in accordance with Projects Scope
• Delivery of project (and packages of work) to safety, time, cost and quality requirements
• Compliance with company safety and quality requirements.
• Successful completion of Project Gates
Required Skills and Experience:
Extensive delivery experience in an engineering multi-disciplinary environment, preferably in a railway or similarly complex and safety conscious environment.
• Good knowledge of CDM.
• Demonstrable competence in a relevant engineering discipline, and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a multidiscipline team to deliver integrated solutions
• A high level of numeracy and analytical ability.
• Demonstrable experience on railway project
• Working knowledge of relevant computer software packages and awareness of the limitations of their use. General software includes Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of LUL Procedures
• Must be able to work with the minimum supervision whilst undertaking there duties
• A Chartered Engineer and/or APMP
• Experience of managing in-house teams, consultants and contractors delivering professional services.
• Knowledge of conditions of contract, e.g. NEC for delivery of works.